Friday, September 11, 2015

God carries us through the season of mourning

Isaiah 46:3-4 NASB –

"3 "Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, And all the remnant of the house of Israel, You who have been borne by Me from birth And have been carried from the womb; 4 Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you."

The pattern of life East of Eden is set.  There is a time to be born and a time to die. 

This is hard because this would not have been the pattern of life in paradise.  No growing weak, feeble, confused, and just surviving.  No in paradise we would only be thriving.  But here we must deal with our loved ones dying and also face the reality of our mortality. 

One great truth that can help us to face this hard reality of East of Eden is that God has been with us from conception to this present moment.  The LORD will be with us during our death process.  The divine Redeemer was with our loved one and us during their last days.  From conception, to old age, and to death we are never abandoned.  We are never alone. 

The LORD bears us up and carries us through the most difficult times.  He delivers us from judgment in Christ Jesus and provides the Kingdom of heaven.  The LORD is for us and helping us, who or what can really defeat us?  My security is not in my strength, popularity, or fame.  It has to be God and not in anything I am or do.  Jesus only Jesus, can get me through the valley of the shadow of death.

So we never mourn alone.  We never face our greatest crisis alone.  In the Lord we always have a refuge and strength.  In the LORD we have someone who will lift us up.  We will get through this because the Lord of grace will carry us through it. 

Prayer:  Lord, help me see that I have not survived due to my strength and skills.  Allow me insight to see that in every circumstance of struggle, it has been you who has delivered me out of danger and comforted me at my sadness times.  Come to me today and carry and deliver me yet again.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment