Friday, July 15, 2016

A prayer of grief

2 Chronicles 6:29
whatever prayer, whatever plea is made by any man or by all your people Israel, each knowing his own affliction and his own sorrow and stretching out his hands toward this house,

Psalm 31:10
For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones waste away.

Psalm 119:28
My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

East of Eden is filled with sorrow. Lord, you know that our losses become so great and our sadness over what we have lost becomes more than we could imagine that we could bear. Good and loving Lord, you have told us we will have sorrow in this life. YOU have sorrow over all that is out of order in this world. Because you suffer from the brokenness and immorality of this world, you have told us that we will have sorrow here.
Without your strength Lord, I know I would be crushed. Things are wildly out of control. Losses accumulate and seem like waves crashing upon be, dragging me out from the shore and under the water. So many sorrows and struggles. So much lost.
I stretch out my hands towards YOU and remember me in your compassion and grace. Help me now to seek you today. Provide for me new hope. Help me now. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment