Friday, August 28, 2015

Isa 41:9-10 NASB - "9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. 10 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'"

It is easy to think our lives have lost their purpose when we suffer a major loss.  Our dreams included the person we are now living without.  It seems like God’s plan for us disappeared with that person.  The vision of the future we had was with the two of us together and now that future is never going to happen.  It has been blown away like smoke.  There is nothing left.  

In the middle of this new reality we must fall back on a much more basic and eternal reality.   God has called us to be with HIM and live for HIM and this has not changed. 

God was never basing HIS vision of our future on the idea that our loved one would be with us.  HE always knew this day would come when we would have to build a new life without the companionship of the one we loved.  God has chosen us to live this current day for living a life worthy of the great gospel of sacrificial love in Messiah/Christ Jesus.  Everything is going in accordance with HIS strategic, merciful, loving, difficult, painful and effective plan for our lives.

This is hard for us, so God comes to us and says

You are chosen
You are not rejected
I am with you
 I will strengthen you
I will hold you up and not allow you to fall

The Messiah Jesus will lift us up by HIS power in the days that seem impossible do the impossible for us not by keeping us from hard times but getting us through hard times. 

So -  DO NOT BE AFRAID of the a future alone without your beloved companion of life.  They are gone but the LORD is with you in a specific and special way.  HE will get you through and allow you to finish running your own race well.

Prayer


LORD, let these promises and commitments from you not just be words on a page.  Make them a living reality and truth.  LORD, comfort me about the loss of the future I thought I was going to have and took comfort in.  Give me courage to face a new future, one that you are making which is radically different that what I expected.  Provide me the trust in your character and competence to rest in this new future even though I have no idea what it will be like.  LORD open my heart to your real caring for me.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment