Saturday, December 5, 2015

Being A Survivor Is Not Easy!

Zechariah 13:9

9  "And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'"

Within the context of this passage, the third are those who survive a tragic time.  Survivors have a special test to face.  They have lost who they loved.  It is their duty, calling, and challenge to continue on in life. Not only are they called upon to continue, but to do so in dependence upon the LORD of life and death.  
Faith is made more pure from suffering loss.  All the parts of it that were false and just pretense are burned away by the pain of grief.  All the "head knowledge" that was not real "heart knowledge" evaporates under the intense pressure of suffering.  The true faith, that which cries out in desperation for help is what is left in a pure and raw form. 
The LORD does speak to us in our times of grief.  As we cry before the LORD, the SPIRIT says to us "You belong to ME".  In response to this commitment by God in the Messiah Jesus our hearts echo back, "YOU belong to me".    
As we trust the LORD in the dark pain of grief and loss, we find our refuge and home in the Living LORD of all the cosmos.  HE dwells in eternity and also in our hearts.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer
LORD, you have chosen that I am the survivor and my loved one has been lost in death.  They are with you according to your promise and WORD.  Give me strength now to endure to my end in faith, hope, and love.  In this testing by fire grant that my core faith will prove true and enduring.  Focus my faith now upon your commitment to me and let me open my heart in seeking prayer before your face to find help in this time of greatest need.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment